Pages - Menu

Sunday, March 25, 2012

LITTLE BY LITTLE... PROGRESS ON MY FAMILY ROOM MAKEOVER!

It started out with laminate flooring, which I cannot lie was and still is a huge project - more than I imagined. The prep work took the most time but with help from our very dear friends Brian and Jessica, laying the floors was so much easier and quicker than my husband and I could have managed.
One project led to another - a much needed makeover of our family room. When we first moved into our house ca. 4 years ago, family room was the room that was rushed to be completed and never thought through. Now, that we changed the floors, I felt like it was time to change the room. I repainted the walls from boring beige and brown to a gorgeous grey with a silver steel wall where the media storage unit is. I painted before we exchanged the floors, since I wanted to avoid any messes on the new floor and it only made sense since the base boards were removed, too. I still have so many ideas and plans (crown molding, staining the kitchen cabinets, applying back-splash in the kitchen, buying two arm chairs, big rug and so much more).
I wished I could do it all at once, but unfortunately, for me it doesn't work that way, which in a way is okay and only gives me time for more research and inspiration. So here is the progress so far, little by little it is coming along...










5 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so inspired by the bold accent colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebes wunder - wunderschön!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello love! I didn't know where to put this, but try scrolling all the way down to the bottom of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete